LEVEL: Intermediate / Advanced
Start with Part 1.
8. Here I have secured a solid side control position with my opponent’s arm trapped with the Kimura Lapel Trap.
9. From here, I have lots of options. My personal preference is to switch to the traditional Kimura grip.
10. With this grip, I am in total control. I force my opponent onto his side, and forward.
11. From here, I put my first hook in…
12. Keeping the Kimura grip, I insert my second hook.
13. Now that I have my opponent’s back, I continue to control his hand with my left hand while working up with my free right hand to the “harness” position, over and around his neck.
14. Harness Grip with a one-on-one.
15. Waiting until I have a deep grip on my opponent’s lapel, I will release the one-on-one and start working to choke.
16. If he allows me to control his elbow, I will finish him with the “single wing choke,” kata ha jime.
17. Otherwise, I will grab his pants as close as possible to the knee, finishing the “bow and arrow” choke.
Another Angle View of the Submission